Terms and ConditionsEdTech Asia Events and Summits
- Agreement to Terms and Conditions. The following information constitutes an agreement of terms and conditions between EdTech Asia Limited and you as a purchaser of admission tickets for an event organized by EdTech Asia Limited or its affiliated companies (collectively, the “EdTech Asia Group”). By purchasing a ticket or registering for an event organized by EdTech Asia Limited or the EdTech Asia Group, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Consent to Collection of Personal Data. You hereby give your consent for the EdTech Asia Group to collect, process and use your personal data for the purposes of processing the purchase of your ticket and for any other use to which you consent herein. You understand your personal data, including your user account details, will be used for the purposes of processing ticket sales and for compiling attendee/delegate lists (“Lists”) that may be published on our websites or within relevant online portals or platforms that are controlled by the EdTech Asia Group.
- Lists used for Commercial Purposes; Removal from Lists. The contents of Lists, including your personal data, will be added to one or more EdTech Asia Group email databases for storage, and will be used for commercial purposes in accordance with these terms and conditions. Requests for data to be removed should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests will be processed as soon as practical, and in no case later than 30 days, although there may be final remnant communications that occur after this 30-day period.
- Terms and Conditions may change. EdTech Asia Limited reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Updated terms and conditions will be posted on the Sites (as defined below).
EVENT AND TICKET PROVISIONS
- Tickets are non-refundable. All purchases of tickets for events by the EdTech Asia (including any goods or services packaged together with tickets) are non-refundable, including for tickets that are lost or stolen.
- Tickets do not include transportation, visa or lodging services. You acknowledge that a purchase of ticket to an event does not include services for, nor the reimbursement of costs for: (a) transportation to or from the event, or between event venues; (b) obtaining visas or appropriate immigration status in order to attend the event; or (c) food and accommodation while attending the event. Any referral by the EdTech Asia as to where to obtain such services are not endorsements as to their quality or reliability. Any issues with such services should be directed to the goods or service providers themselves.
- Speakers/Topics may Change. Although speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, EdTech Asia Limited reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics as necessary. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our Sites (as defined below) as soon as possible.
- No Goods, Services, Events or Demonstrations by Attendees. It is strictly forbidden for any attendee (or affiliated company or organization of an attendee) to provide goods or services, or to host or organize any event or demonstration, in conjunction with, contiguous to, or purporting to be related to an event by the EdTech Asia Group without the express prior permission of EdTech Asia Limited. In the event of breach of the terms of this paragraph 4, any tickets held by such attendee may be immediately cancelled without reimbursement, and appropriate legal action may be taken by the EdTech Asia Group.
- No Reselling/Transferring Tickets for Commercial Gain. The tickets you purchase are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be resold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances, including, but not limited to as part of any promotion or competition, without the express written consent of EdTech Asia LImited. Any resale or transfer of any tickets breaching this paragraph 5 may result in the immediate cancellation of the subject tickets without reimbursement.
- Other Causes of Cancellation of Tickets. EdTech Asia Limited reserves the right to cancel a ticket, without reimbursement, for any behaviour by an attendee that it deems disruptive, immoral, unlawful, otherwise unacceptable or in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Tickets are Revocable. Your ticket remains the property of EdTech Asia Limited and is a personal revocable license that may be withdrawn at anytime without reason by EdTech Asia in exchange for a refund of the ticket price you paid, which you agree to be sufficient compensation.
- No Unauthorized Recordings; Consent to be Recorded; Consent to Use Likeness. Except for a reasonable amount of snapshots or video recordings taken for personal use only, the unauthorized use of photographic and recording equipment at an event is prohibited. You consent to be recorded by photographic, videographic or audio means while attending an event by the EdTech Group. Further, you grant the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, reproduce, exhibit, publish and re-publish, and display, for commercial purposes or otherwise, your photograph, voice and likeness contained within any media captured or recorded at the event.
- Name Changes on Tickets. Reasonable requests for changes of the name on an event ticket will be considered by emailing email@example.com. However, EdTech Asia Limited reserves the right to deny any such request in its discretion for any reason, disclosed or undisclosed.
- Minors must be Accompanied by an Adult. Any ticket issued to a person under the age of majority is invalid for admission to an event unless such person is also accompanied by an adult attendee.
- Customer Complaints. Complaints should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to resolve any customer complaints within reason.
PROVISIONS FOR THE SITES
- Proper Usage of the Sites. In conjunction with your ticket to an event by the EdTech Group, you may be granted access to one or more websites, mobile apps, or similar information portals (the “Sites”). Access to the Sites is strictly conditioned upon abstaining from improper usage. As such, you hereby agree to the following:
(a) You agree to not use the Sites (or any part of them) for any illegal purpose and agree to use them in accordance with all applicable laws;
(b) You agree to not upload or transmit through the Sites any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or any unauthorized scripts, text or code;
(c) You agree not use the Sites in a manner that (1) may cause them to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or less effective; (2) results in the publication of any content that is defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (3) violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company, including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy;
(d) You agree to refrain from: (1) accessing to any unauthorized part or component of the Sites; (2) reverse engineering any part of the Sites; or (3) scraping or copying content by any means, whether manual or automated;
(e) You agree to not distribute any part of the Sites in any medium without our prior written consent; and
(f) You agree to not use the Sites for anything other than its intended use.
- Reserved Rights with Regard to the Sites. The EdTech Asia Group reserves the right to:
(a) Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Sites (or any part of them) with or without notice to you;
(b) Monitor any activity and content associated with the Sites; and
(c) Investigate any reported violation of this Section C.
- No Warranties; Sites Provided “As-Is” and “As-Available.” While efforts are made to verify the accuracy of information on the Sites, the EdTech Group make no warranties, express or implied, in relation to its accuracy or functionality. The Sites are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis for your information and personal use only without any representation or endorsement.
- Liability and Indemnification for Breaches. You agree to be fully responsible for (and fully indemnify the EdTech Group against) all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, suffered by us and arising out of any breach of this Section C by you or any person using your account or computer/mobile device.
- No License or Transfer of Intellectual Property Rights. You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content contained within the Sites shall remain at all times owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorized in writing by the EdTech Asia Group.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- Force Majeure/”Acts of God”. To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, EdTech Asia Limited and the EdTech Asia Group is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement due to Force Majeure/”Acts of God” or other occurrence beyond their control that renders performance of an event (or associated services) impracticable, illegal or impossible, which includes, without limitation, war, fire, labor strike, riot, extreme weather or other emergencies.
- Limited Liability for Modification/Cancellation. Without limiting the foregoing, the liability of EdTech Asia Limited or the EdTech Asia Group for modification, cancellation or postponement of an event is limited to the amount actually paid for your ticket.
- No Liability for Loss/Damage of Personal Items; Responsibility for Loss/Damage You Cause. To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, EdTech Asia Limited and the EdTech Group shall not be responsible for the loss or damage of any personal items at any event or associated events. Further, you agree to be responsible for the loss or damage you cause to the personal items provided to you for use at the event, or for damage you cause to the premises or to personal property of others used during the event.
- No Liability for Injury/Death. To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, EdTech Asia Limited and the EdTech Group shall not be liable for any injury or death to any attendee or other person at the event, howsoever caused.
- No Liability for Sites. We make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Site, or products or services offered therein, including but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade. Further, you acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and therefore shall not be in any way responsible for the security or privacy of the Sites and any information, including yours, provided therein.
- Resolve Disputes by Arbitration. You agree that any controversy, claim or dispute relating to this agreement or these terms and conditions shall be conclusively resolved by arbitration, rather than by litigation. Unless mutually agreed to otherwise, arbitration shall be in Hong Kong by the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre. Each party shall bear its own attorneys’ fees, expert witness fees, and costs incurred in connection with such arbitration.
- Headings not for Interpretation. The headings and subheadings used in this agreement are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting this agreement.
- Severability. If any provision of this agreement is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of this agreement will be unimpaired and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- Entire Agreement; Amendments. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto with respect to the subject hereof, and fully supersedes any prior agreements or understandings, both written and oral, between the parties with respect thereto. No change, modification or amendment to this agreement will be valid unless in writing and signed by the parties to this agreement.
- Waivers. No covenant, term or condition or the breach thereof shall be deemed waived, except by written consent of the party against whom the waiver is claimed and any waiver of the breach of any covenant, term or condition shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or succeeding breach of the same or any other covenant, term or condition.
These terms and conditions were last updated on November 1, 2018.